Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's a "she!"

We're having a little girl!! I couldn't be more excited. It was such a strange ultrasound! Very Halloween-appropriate. The images were all skeleton & bones, at weird angles. Thank goodness the ultrasound tech was there to narrate, I couldn't tell what we were looking at half the time!

Now comes the task of narrowing down names. And if you've ever been with me to a movie store, you know that my process is pretty involved. I grab every movie that looks good to me (so that I don't forget!), carry them around the store while I browse and add to my stack as I go. I only ever end up with one, and am very satisfied with my choice. :)

My name list so far? Over 30. And I added three today. Yeah.

Aurora
Sofia
Olive
Margot
Rosalyn
Carina
Colette
Jolie
Madeleine
Lili
Lucie
Alice
Clementine
Gentry
Luca
Sage
Siena
Sanna
Vivienne
Juliette
Lena
Vianne
Indigo
Odette
Solena
Tate
Allegra
Leta (pronounced Leeta)
Netta
Lotta
Tea (pronounced Taya, like Tea Leoni)
Scarlett
Anabella

The most annoying part of this whole naming thing? I've had two favorite names picked out for years, but evidently everyone else had the same idea. Sofia and Olive, why must you be so popular? I may end up naming her one of those anyway (I just love them!) but I really don't want her to be "just another Sofia."

Also, I kind of like Arabella, but just imagine if she can't say her r's or l's! "Awabewa" - that could be pretty adorable, actually. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's so crazy. I have a few of those names picked for when I have a little me. haha

    Olive and Alice are my tops for myself as of right now.

    I love these names and I'm sooooo excited that you are having a little girl :D That's soooo exciting!

    -Cari Caldwell

    ReplyDelete